World Food Programme, Indonesia invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following position:
National Human Resources Officer
(Jakarta Raya - Jakarta Pusat)
* Accountabilities: Within delegated authority, the Human
o Resources Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
o Interpret and apply human resources policies, rules and regulations as well as standards and techniques
o Analyse human resources procedures, develop human resources policies and evaluate impact of policies on the Programme
o Identify needs for new or modified human resources policies, practices and reviews, and initiate or propose actions as required
o Analyse, evaluate and take action on requests from managers and staff, providing counselling as required, while taking into account the needs, policies and practices of the Programme
o Recruit general services staff; collaborate in country offices within the UN inter agency group to ensure consistency of application in the recruitment and administration of local staff
o Prepare contract and coordinate recruitment documents for International Consultants and administer their entitlements
o Advise managers on extensions, transfers, establishment and abolition of positions, as well as monitor the appropriate use of various types of employee contracts,
o Plan and implement human resources initiatives
o Provide advice to the managers on organisation planning, job design, and utilisation of staff resources
o Administer staff entitlements, allowances, benefits and incentives
o Coordinate the performance management process
o Assess training needs of WFP staff and government counterparts and organise appropriate training, in collaboration with other offices; allocate and monitor training funds
o Recommend the need for new or adapted human resources policies and procedures
o Represent the Programme at inter agency and other human resources related meeting, as required
o Support human resources staff in other offices
o Supervise staff, as required
o Perform other related duties as required
* Education: Advanced university degree or university degree with experience and training/courses in one or more of the following disciplines: human resource management, public administration, industrial psychology or other related fields.
* Experience: At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in human resource development, administration, or management.
* Knowledge: Training and/or experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet and other standard WFP software packages and system. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing human resources administration.
* Language: Fluency in both oral and written English and Bahasa Indonesia.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to apply. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to: Dana Yousif; Human Resources Officer, World Food Programme, Jakarta. E-mail: Jakarta.Vacancy@wfp.org
All applications should include an updated CV (in English), a photograph and three references and should be received no later than 31 January 2008. Please state the title of the post in the email subject.
"Only short-listed candidates will be contacted"