Hess Corporation is a leading global independent energy company, engaged in
the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas, as well as in
refining and in marketing refined petroleum products, natural gas, and
electricity. Our vision is to maximize shareholder value by enhancing
financial performance and providing long-term profitable growth. We are
committed to meeting the highest standards of corporate citizenship by
protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the
environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities
in which we do business.
Currently we have a position open in our Jakarta office as *Legal Counsel**.
*Principal Duties & Responsibilities:*
*Key Result Areas*
· To support the legal Regional Manager in the development of the
SEA legal function.
· Provide pro-active, timely, 1st quartile and commercial legal
advice to the Indonesian client base.
· To work closely with the lawyers in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur.
· Integrating the Jakarta legal function into the global legal group
led by the EVP and General Counsel in New York, the General Counsel of
World-Wide Exploration and Production in Houston and Associate General
Counsel in London.
· Living and promoting the Hess Values: Integrity, Performance,
Social Responsibility, Independent Spirit, Value Creation and People.
· Multi-disciplinary legal support in a rapidly developing business.
· Exposure to US regulatory and compliance obligations.
· Career development opportunities in-country, in-region and
· Travel locally, regionally and globally.
· A focus on continuing education and development.
· Expatriate postings.
· Reporting directly to the Regional Manager, Office of General
Counsel based in Kuala Lumpur.
*Roles & Responsibilities*
· To ensure the Regional Manager is fully and regularly appraised of
issues, business support requirements in Indonesia and the service being
· To work closely with the resident lawyer in Jakarta.
· To give pro-active, timely, 1st quartile and commercial legal
advice to clients based in Indonesia, the SEA region, the UK and US.
· Cross function and multi-disciplinary legal support and advice.
This includes, reviewing, drafting and negotiating oil & gas and other
commercial and legal agreements, advising the corporate function to ensure
ongoing compliance with Hess policy and all applicable laws, supporting
supply chain and operations and dealing with other day to day matters of a
· Building constructive and influential relationships with Hess'
· Liaising with relevant external Indonesian government and
regulatory authorities and co-venturers.
· Liaising with external lawyers as may be required from time to
· Working closely and as a team with other members of the legal
function based in South East Asia, the UK and US.
· Promoting the legal function throughout Hess, within country, the
region and globally.
· Protecting the reputation and promoting the interests of Hess in
Indonesia and the region.
· Communicating across functions and participating in the spread of
knowledge and awareness of legal commitments and initiatives through the
*Experience & Attributes *
· Indonesian qualified and practicing lawyer with the right to live
and work in Indonesia.
· 5 to 7 years post-qualification experience gained preferably in
the energy sector (in-house or private practice).
· Fluent in spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia and English.
· Preferably some international tertiary education or work
· Willingness to use initiative, to be pro-active and to identify
and address commercial and legal issues facing multinational oil & gas
companies in Indonesia.
· Strong commercial orientation with experience of applying legal
expertise to add value on a wide range of business and technical issues.
· Willing to work hard with excellent communication skills as part
of a dynamic customer focused group.
· Willing to travel within Indonesia and further often at short
· Ability to provide satisfactory references.
Interested applicants may send their *comprehensive CV (in English)* with
one recent *photo* (*max. 100 KB*) and quoting positions applied in the
email subject; together with
*details contact of the Referees* to:
no later than* 7 days* after post date of this ad